- 01-07-2017 The new year starts.
- 01-14-2017 Speedometer, sheet-metal and 26L brake work.
- 01-21-2017 Frigid weather slows work plus time-out for GCOR Safety Training.
- 01-28-2017 Cats, brakes, sheet metal and superheater work - the usual fare lately.
- 02-04-2017 New boiler insulation arrives, throttle valves assembled & exercised.
- 02-11-2017 Sheetmetal fitting, cab control valve and continuing 26L brake system work.
- 02-18-2017 End of the hydrostatic testing for superheater bundles !
- 02-25-2017 Make-up GCOR Training, throttle valve stud repair & more sheet metal fitting.
- 03-04-2017 Sheetmetal fitting, ACE Leadership Academy visit, smoke-stack work, misc. pipe fitting.
- 03-11-2017 More sheetmetal fitting, cab and MU (Multiple Unit) electrical work.
- 03-18-2017 More sheetmetal fitting (will it ever end?) & Lurch gets new tires.
- 03-25-2017 Filling the boiler and working-off those pesky little leaks.
- 04-01-2017 A good rain cut short work on Saturday.
- 04-08-2017 Filling the boiler and working-off more pesky little leaks. Other work continues in parallel.
- 04-15-2017 Fix'in a few more pesky leaks, 26L brake and MU cabling work, showing around lots of visitors.
- 04-22-2017 HPS jig fabrication, more 26L brake, MU cabling and pesky leak work. Will it ever end?
- 04-29-2017 HPS jig finish work, ATS shoe installation, more sheet metal work.
- 05-06-2017 Boiler pressure testing.
- 05-13-2017 Carlos retires (at least for now), sheet-metal boiler skinning continues.
- 05-20-2017 Polishing-off more minor leaks, sheet-metal boiler skinning & MU set-up continues.
- 05-27-2017 The devil is in the details . . . work here and there on the dynamos, plumbing, sheet metal, studs, etc.
- 06-03-2017 Cats motivate us while work starts on a new paint job and continues on electrical, plumbing, sheet metal fab and minor leak fixes.
- 06-10-2017 The 26L brake system is working and adjustments to the brake linkages are being set and tested.
- 06-17-2017 The tender is black again and we got a feature article in TRAINS magazine "Big Steam is Back Extra 2017" !
- 06-24-2017 Working on lots of plumbing and painting in the harsh heat.
- 07-01-2017 Work on lots of plumbing, brackets and painting continues in the harsh heat.
- 07-08-2017 Medium size crews this week with BIG size jobs getting done.
- 07-11-2017 Special Edition Hydro Test Photo Album: 2926 passes the official FRA hydro-static boiler pressure test !
- 07-15-2017 Post hydro-static test clean up and the first superheater bundles installed.
- 07-22-2017 A good week now that the bug-a-boo hydro-static test is done.
- 07-29-2017 Final installation of the Superheater bundles well underway.
- 08-05-2017 Going full-bore on superheater bundles and starting firebrick.
- 08-12-2017 Big stuff going on at both ends: firebrick laying Tues-Sat, superheater loading Wed & Sat.
- 08-19-2017 Blast pipe removed for clean up, easier access for superheater install - last 8 Superheater bundles are IN !
- Photos 2016 2016 Activities.
- Photos 2015 2015 Activities.
- Photos 2014 2014 Activities.
- Photos 2013 2013 Activities.
- Photos 2012 2012 Activities.
- Photos 2011 2011 Activities.
- Photos 2010 2010 Activities.
- Photos 2009 2009 Activities.
- Photos 2008 2008 Activities.
- Photos 2007 2007 Activities.
- Photos 2006 2006 Activities.
- Photos 2005 2005 Activities.
- Photos 2004 2004 Activities.
- Photos 2003 2003 Activities.
- Photos from the Beginning The Genesis of NMSL&RHS.
- AT&SF 3751 Excursion to the Grand Canyon May 14 - 19th, 2012
- ABQ Backshops Rail Yard Cathedral - panorama by Ron T.
(originally featured in the February 23rd, 2013 Work Session Photos).
- ABQ Backshops Rail Yard Cathedral - stylized photo by Ron T.
(originally featured on the web site front page Feb through Mar, 2013).
- Young AT&SF 2926 Seen working before her retirement.
(originally featured on the web site front page Sep-Oct, 2013).
- AT&SF 2926 Firebox Panoramic view inside the Fire Box by Ron. T.
(originally featured on the web site front page November 2013).
- Western Portal Moonville Tunnel Photo by Mike "gb_packards" (www.flickr.com)
(originally featured on the web site front page January-February 2014).
- AT&SF Fireman's side steam cabinet 2014 Photo by Ron. T.
(originally featured on the web site front page March-April 2014).
- Welding Stay Bolt Sleeves Photos by Ron. T.
(originally featured on the web site front page July 2014).
- Flue Tube Installation Photos by Ron. T.
(originally featured on the web site front page March - June 2015).
- If you have any old photos or videos of 2926? If so, our society would very much like
to have them. Full credit, of course, will be attributed. You can email them to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or "snail" mail them to:
PO Box 27270
Albuquerque, NM 87125-7270
- You are welcome to contact us for other options - see our
contacts page. Please be advised, that as a non-profit organization, we cannot pay (other
than shipping) for any items sent.
- Some earlier photo albums require Java to run. Java is a free download you can get at:
- All photos are copyright of NMSL&RHS (unless otherwise indicated) and may be used for
personal non-commercial use only without the express written consent of NMSL&RHS or the
appropriate copyright holder.